Typical rules looks like this:
- Never style the document using different fonts, font sizes and bold, italic etc.
- Never try to layout the document using spaces (or tabs). If creating columns (for tables), use tabs, and only input one tab for each column.
- Use only one space after periods.
- Only hit the return or enter key once after each paragraph. Don't try to layout the document using blank lines.
- Don't insert graphics or images into the document. Make a note in the document where the image should go (“[image introduction.jpg]”).
- Never use the standard “automatic” formatting tools such as drop caps, lists, footnotes, endnotes, and indexes. Make notes in the document instead.